Solved: Error - The system cannot find path specified for Adobe photoshop on windows 10
After updating Windows 10, I started to encounter the error in Adobe Photoshop while Save for the Web.
The error simply says
The operation could not be completed. The system cannot find the path specified.
This issue is because of the Windows security feature, which you may have enabled. the feature is Controlled Folder Access
After spending some time and trying to get the Save for the Web feature working I found the answer. It was the main problem with Windows Security/Defender. In order to solve it please follow the below steps.
- Go to Windows Security
- Virus & Threat Protection
- Virus & Threat Protection Settings (Click on manage settings)
- Controlled Folder Access (Click on Manage Controlled Folder Access)
- From here there are two options
- The option that I would not recommend, you can simply disable Controlled Folder Access, this will make sure any app in future won't give such an error
- My recommended option: Add Adobe photoshop to allow through.
- Click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access
- Click on Add an allowed app
- Select Adobe photoshop by either browsing all apps or looking into recently blocked apps
I hope this helps you and solves your problem. If you want to ask anything about or add anything to this solution, feel free to add a comment below.