Stop https redirection for *.dev Virtual host set-up on windows 10 xampp
How to setup Virtual host on windows xampp
- navigate to xampp\apache\conf\extra directory
- open file “httpd-vhosts.conf”
- write following block of code
DocumentRoot "path_to_xampp/htdocs/project" ServerName myapp.dev
- open notepad as admin
- click open navigate to “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc”
- select all files
- open hosts file
- write below code and save
127.0.0.1 localhost 127.0.0.1 lsapp.dev
- restart xampp server
Chrome and Firefox would redirect *.dev virtual host to https
As per report posted on Google has purchased “.dev” domain and hence chrome and firefox are forcing all *.dev hosts to https and hence above process to create virtual host won’t work even though its right.
Solution to that is instead of giving *.dev to your virtual host provide like *.localhost and that would work.
I hope you have found your solution.