Install Xdebug on Windows Xampp using Xdebug wizard
With installation of Xdebug you can debug PHP code and save lots of time in development. You need to install Xdebug and enable the same on your machine. I will show you very useful reference to install and enable Xdebug in very easy way.
Most of tutorials will show you following steps in general for installing and enabling Xdebug.
- Download DLL of Download Xdebug depending on your PHP version.
- Copy downloaded DLL file at “xampp\php\ext“ path
- How to Identify which php.ini file is used
- Create a php file with phpinfo()
- Find “Loaded Configuration File” to know path of php.ini which is being used by php and apache
- Open php.ini file and edit following line
zend_extension = “C:\path-to\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.4.0rc4-7.0-vc14.dll”
;xdebug.profiler_append = 0
xdebug.profiler_enable = 1
;xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = 0
xdebug.profiler_output_dir = “C:\path-to\Work\xampp\tmp”
;xdebug.profiler_output_name = “cachegrind.out.%t-%s”
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_handler = “dbgp”
xdebug.remote_host = “localhost”
;xdebug.trace_output_dir = “C:\path-to\xampp\tmp”
- Restart apache and execute phpinfo().
Above steps are 100% correct but only challenge that I found is to identify Xdebug version depending on our PHP version. Thanks to Xdebug Wizard, I could easily found exact Xdebug version and with that DLL file I was able to Install and Enable Xdebug on first go.
How to use Xdebug Wizard
- Go to Xdebug Wizard page – Click Here
- Paste output of your phpinfo() page into text area of Xdebug Wizard.
- Click on “Analyse my phpinfo() output” and you will get download link to compatible Xdebug version of your PHP along with same steps I mentioned above to enable Xdebug on your Xampp.
Feel free to comment below your experience with above approach and If you still face any issue with above steps I would like to help you to resolve the same.